A selection of projects that I have been involved with:
O2 – ASP.NET based Management Reporting System.
O2 are one of the leading mobile phone services suppliers in the UK. The development started by taking the existing system of reporting, using multiple input Excel spreadsheets and reporting in Powerpoint. This was automated into a single Microsoft Access Database Application reducing the total reporting process from 5 days to 1 day and increasing the accuracy of the information provided.
After various upgrades to the application both in functionality and architecture, the system ran on ASP.NET and SQL Server supporting almost 100 users. The application provided reporting from Project Managers to Board Directors. The success of the project has been largely down to collaboration with an excellent team at O2 and my technical expertise.
- – Microsoft Access and Excel
- – ASP.NET and SQL Server
- – Faster, more accurate reporting with associated cost savings
Tiaras and Teacups – Website.
An existing customer approached me to develop a website for a new Wedding Gowns and Prom Dresses shop that she was opening in Totton, Hampshire.
I was able to work flexibly with her to get the website that suited thier requirements and style. The website was developed and put live within 2 weeks and is at knotjustweddings.co.uk.
- – HTML based website developed in Adobe Dreamweaver CS5
- – hosted on our Windows webspace
- – fast implementation to enable the site to go live with minimal input from the customer
National Air Traffic Services – Access based Qualifications Database.
NATS provide Air Traffic Control services to the UK Airspace and major UK Airports. Using an existing unsupported application to hold qualifications, I was able to provide development and support to an application used in the company’s four main area centres. The goal of the development was to cleanse and restructure the data to enable the application to be subsumed into SAP R3. After making extensive changes to the application I wrote a tool to enable the data to be migrated into SAP. This was completed in July 2005.
- – Microsoft Access
- – SAP R/3
- – worry free application support for NATS
- – costs saving in engaging consultants from a large SAP implementation consultancy
Dorset County Council – Access based Transport Coordination Application.
DCC Transport Coordination provide transport to thousands of Social Service users each week. Taking an existing unsupported system, I have provided development and support to the enable the Transport Coordination Team to organise and manage journeys taken by their own Specially Adapted Vehicles, Taxis and Coaches.
Written in Microsoft Access, the system has been upgraded through various versions and has been enhanced to accept data from an internally developed Intranet Application.
- – Microsoft Access
- – cost savings by increasing the efficieny of staff whilst being able to take an increated workload
- – DCC able to provide a efficient service to their service users
- – on going support enables changes to be made to the application
First Group – ASP based Supplier Performance Monitoring Tool.
First Group is a leading provider of Train and Bus Services throughout the UK. Utilising my web application development skills, I have written an application to enable First Group to monitor the performance of their suppliers. The application is written in ASP and stored in SQL Server and hosted on our webspace. The application was available to First Group Purchasing Teams throughout the UK.
- – ASP / ASP.NET with SQL Server
- – uk-wide access to the application
- – costs saving and data accuracy